At Safestyle UK, we care about you - your needs are at the heart of everything we do. We will always be honest with you, deal with you in a reasonable way and treat you with respect.
Our customer charter sets out the minimum standards that we, as a business, must achieve when dealing with customers. This code of conduct sets out the way in which we expect all the people who represent us to behave.
Everyone involved in the business, no matter what their position, must keep to this code of conduct. If they do not, we may, if appropriate, take disciplinary action.
- You will deal with members of the public in a polite and respectful way.
- You will always identify yourself to members of the public using your first name and, if appropriate, your surname.
- You will always be helpful, considerate and sympathetic.
- You will offer advice and information clearly and simply.
- If you contact a member of the public or visit their property, you will always introduce yourself and explain the purpose of your call or visit, showing your company ID.
- When you represent us you will always be clean, well presented, dressed appropriately and carry your identification badge.
- You will always show respect for people's property and act appropriately.
- You must not outstay your welcome. If you are asked to leave a member of the public's property, you must do so immediately and be polite.
- If a member of the public wants to end a phone call with you, you must do so at once and in a reasonable and polite way.
- When carrying out any work at a customer's property, you must always do the fallowing.
- You must make sure that there is enough protection for property and possessions in and around the area where you are working.
- Take care when removing the existing frames to make sure you cause as little disruption as possible.
- Remove all rubbish from the customer's property. Within reason, you should leave the property as clean and tidy as when you arrived.
- Make sure that you leave the property secure.
- Make every effort to work in a considerate way while at the customer's property. Do not put your own safety or that of the customer or their family in danger and make sure you keep to health and safety regulations. (If you are not sure, please ask.)
We have become the largest replacement window and door company in the country because of:
- our commitment to our customers
- the quality of our products and
- customer care
The Customer Charter sets out the minimum standards that you can expect from all of the people involved in our business. Our customers are at the centre of our business and we will do our best to always deal with you honestly, reasonably and with respect. We support the GGF Consumer Code of Good Practice and undertake to work within the guidelines of this code, a copy of which can be obtained in the same way as our procedure for handling complaints as referred to in bullet point 10 below.
- We will always carefully consider all enquiries from our customers with total confidentiality and do our best to deal with them in a reasonable manner and within a reasonable timescale.
- Our staff will always identify themselves first.
- We will carefully consider customer's requests and give priority to the most urgent.
- Our staff will offer advice clearly and simply.
- We realise that sometimes a customer may be vulnerable as a consequence of mental or physical infirmity, age, credulity, learning difficulties, illiteracy and /or if English is not their first language. Should this situation arise and it becomes obvious that the information we provide to the customer is not being understood then we will ask the customer to seek the involvement of a trusted friend or relative before proceeding. We will then make a new appointment to visit the customer's home at a time when the trusted friend or relative can be present.
- If we have agreed dates of visits, we will do all that we can to ensure that we meet them.
- If you write to us we will acknowledge your correspondence.
- If we need to take action to resolve an issue, we will do our best to take this action within 14 days of receiving information about the issue.
- We will do our best to return phone calls within 24 hours, where possible.
We will do our best to deal with all complaints we receive from our customers as quickly as possible and in line with our procedure for handling complaints, which includes access to the GGF's Conciliation Scheme, The Glazing Arbitration Scheme (www.tgas.org.uk) or The Financial Ombudsman Service as appropriate. You can get a copy of this by calling our helpline on 01274 842842, by faxing your request
to 01274 842168 or by email using
email@example.com. You agree to notify us and to give reasonable opportunity to remedy any complaint you may have.
- We will consider all compensation requests fairly and sympathetically.
- We will handle and deal with all our customers in line with all relevant laws.
- We will monitor our complaints and quality management systems and review them regularly.
- If we have fallen below the standards set out in this charter, we will apologise.
This charter has been approved by our board of directors and is signed below to show this.
Chief Executive Officer